We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information, how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
1. Who we are
Claude Hellowell Ltd may use and be responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
Write to: Claude Hellowell Ltd, Thorpe Garage, Triangle, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 3DJ Telephone: 01422 823248
3. The personal information we collect and use
In the course of our business activities we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
• Names of individual contacts
• Email addresses of individual contacts
• Addresses of individual contacts
• Telephone and fax numbers of individual contacts
4. How we obtain and use your personal information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly for one of the following reasons:
• To provide and maintain a service
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
• To monitor the usage of our service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news and updates regarding our services.
• To notify you of progress of any issues in fulfilling the service we provide
• For after sales support and billing purposes.
5. Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal data with third parties, including third-party service providers, in order to deliver our end to end service to you as our customer.
We may also share your data with third parties in the following circumstances;
(a) if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so;
(b) if it is necessary to do so to enforce our contractual rights;
(c) to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity;
(d) where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons and/or;
(e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
6. Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of individual contact names, email addresses, addresses, telephone numbers and fax numbers, are required from you to enable us to carry out our contractual obligations. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
7. How long your personal information will be kept
We will retain your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the required services to be provided to you. It will not be retained indefinitely or for reasons incompatible with relevant data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
8. Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
Our lawful bases for collecting and using your personal data are in order for us to fulfil a contractual obligation – or for any general queries passed through our website, with your consent (which you can remove at any point).
9. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Website: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to our Data Protection Manager
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
10. Keeping your personal information secure
We securely store and limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Information is stored in securely locked offices or on secure computer systems.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Contact Form
12. How to complain
We hope that we can directly resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal information.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO contact details are as follows:
The Information Commissioner
0303 123 1113